R&D Teamleader Nano-Imprint Lithography
What you will do
Imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technologies department is developing novel process technologies, devices, circuits and solutions to enable new applications. In this growing activity, we are currently looking for an R&D Team Leader to lead the Nano-Imprint Lithography technology team. Nano-Imprint Lithography (NIL) is a patterning technology that combines high resolution patterning with low cost-of-ownership. NIL presents very promising prospects for the fabrication of large area nanopatterned devices for optical and life science applications.
As R&D team leader, you take ownership of the NIL technology platform at imec and you are responsible for the operations within your team. You manage a team of engineers, postdoc and PhD student to whom you provide framing and technical guidance. You work in close collaboration with the NIL program manager and support the definition of the NIL technology roadmap, the acquisition of new customers and the definition of public and private projects. You lead projects to timely delivery and successful completion, a task for which collaboration and coordination with other teams across imec is essential. You pursue the integration of the NIL technology into the imec semiconductor Fab environment.
Your responsibilities are:
- Manage the NIL technology team: Follow up the activities of all team members and keep an overview of their workload. Stimulate people to further develop and create the opportunity to do so. Select and integrate new team members.
- Organize the team operations: Plan the team resources in line with the needs of projects & programs. Supervise projects executed within the team and anticipate for possible shortages and roadblocks. Follow up with effort expenditure.
- Act as a first point of contact for all NIL technology questions within imec. Be the technology reference point for the NIL program manager. Consult on NIL technology with other imec technology teams and with (prospective) customers. Understand application requirements and their translation into process specifications.
- Keep an overview of the state of art in NIL industry. Set the vision for the future technological developments that support the NIL program roadmap. Secure the resources and collaborations needed to support these developments. Propose and write public funded projects to fuel longer term innovation. Reinforce the IP portfolio of the NIL program.
- Drive the integration of the NIL technology in a semiconductor Fab environment. Develop a good understanding of the imec Fab operations. Identify and seize new opportunities for the integration of NIL into semiconductor Fab flows. Strive to solve the technology hurdles that prevent further integration.
- Lead projects with cross-functional teams in different locations and international customers. Ensure timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a team player at the core and have previous experience with the management of a small team. You are passionate about technology development and are enthused by new challenges. You communicate this enthusiasm to your team and drive them in uncharted territory. You have a technical background in the field of nano-imprint lithography and demonstrate solid technical understanding of the application domains, mainly in optics. You benchmark your work with state-of-the-art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology.
- Have about 10 years of relevant R&D experience; a strong technical background in the field of NIL technology, and preferably experience with optical technologies and/or semiconductor fab operations is a strong plus. Also experience in an R&D management role is a plus.
- Have about 5 years of relevant project management experience. You are organized and you can structure a complex multi-partner project; Experience in writing public-funded projects is a plus.
- Possess a good balance of sensitivity and drive that help you safely guide and motivate your team through stringent project execution with strict deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers. Given the international character of imec, an excellent command of English is mandatory.
- Have a relevant international network in companies, research institutes and/or academia.
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
- Are ready to travel abroad approximately 2 times per year.