Process Integration Engineer FEOL
What you will do
- You will be working in the imec Compute Front-End Process Integration team (CFI), leading projects related to Front End of Line (FEOL) development contributing to the R&D program on advanced logic technology and/or bilateral projects.
- You will be responsible for coordination and implementation of new ideas/concepts/flows on wafers in imec’s advanced 300mm FAB.
- You will have to discuss process splits with the characterization and/or process step development engineers, to implement the splits into the process flow and take care of the follow-up of the processing in the imec pilot line.
- You will have to understand the interactions between the FEOL modules as well as the implications of the characterization and electrical data and guide the development work with these interactions in mind.
- You will improve current maskset specifications, defining design rules, and check them structurally and electrically.
- You will also take a major role in planning and will be required to communicate status and issues to your peers, customers, as well as the management team at imec.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained at least a master’s degree in Science or Engineering (Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Material Science, or related areas). PhD is preferred.
- Experience in semiconductor process and device development or process integration is desired.
- You are a good team player but at the same time can work well witout supervision.
- Good communication and interaction with the other groups within the CMOST department, as well as with other departments and Fab Operations, is a major requirement for this job.
- Prior experience in coordinating effort across large teams is a definite plus.
- You like looking at data, drawing conclusions and propose relevant follow up actions.
- You like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, excellent English verbal and written communication skills are required to be effective in this position.