R&D Team Lead & Project Manager Health
In this combined role, you will both lead a
team of researchers as well as manage projects (funded, industrial) in the
domain of Health & Nutrition. The team consists of domain specialists (e.g.
biomedical engineers) who, together with researchers and engineers of other OnePlanet
teams, contribute to the development of innovative sensor solutions and digital
twins that lead to a healthier life. For this position, we are looking for a
people manager with strong experience in project management, preferably in the
field of (preventive) health.
What you will do
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Leading and coaching a team of researchers active in our health program.
- Taking care of the individual development of team members in growing their technical competences aligned to the team needs and to ensure continuity of projects.
- Ensuring the constructive cooperation within the team and with other teams.
- Interact with program and other project managers to capture priorities and translate these into activities and timelines.
- Contribute to the definition of new project-proposals and work with program management and business developers to align customer’s needs with project execution.
- Secure and align required resources and competences for projects.
- Effectively track progress, budget and resource allocation of R&D projects and manage reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Monitor the interdependencies between projects; continuously assess critical path; proactively anticipate on risks and potential bottlenecks.
- Prepare deliverables according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Represent OnePlanet Research Center at external project progress reporting meetings.
- Interested in applying new project methodologies suitable for solving complex problems.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international
environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned
industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the
market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen University & Research (WUR),
Radboud University, Radboudumc, and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer
of choice, offers you an attractive compensation and benefits package including
a 100% employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore,
imec-NL offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time, OnePlanet is a new
collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research
institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a
team of world changers; disruptive innovators, and practical thinkers. Here,
your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with
the following assets:
- Master or PhD degree in a medical engineering field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in an international R&D environment of which several years in a team lead and project management position.
- Ability to coach, guide and inspire a multidisciplinary team with various experience levels and backgrounds (e.g. data science, electronics, biomedical engineering).
- Experience in the health industry/domain on application level, in med-tech, medical device technologies or in other relevant sensor technologies.
- Experience managing (public) funded projects is a plus.
- Multitasker with very strong organizational skills who is result driven and makes things happen.
- A strong yet diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You communicate effectively in English and Dutch (as we have many Dutch stakeholders and partners in industry, academia and government).
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Should you have more questions about the job, you can contact Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet. You can reach Frank via
+31(0)6-50837563. If you wish to apply then please submit your full resume and
a motivational letter.