R&D Project Manager
What you will do
You will be a member of the imec Compute System
Architecture (CSA) unit, which is responsible for the system level innovation
for next generation computing systems. This unit is currently expanding
significantly. As a Project Manager, you will manage several Joint Development
Projects (JDPs), European funded projects, and take on certain aspects of the
operational management of our organization.
assumes the following responsibilities:
- You do a first internal assessment of the resources required to execute a research project (definition of milestones and deliverables, the project team members required to reach the objectives and an overview of dependencies). In addition, you ensure a balance between customer needs and imec’s available resources and priorities in collaboration with the technical lead/manager.
- You define a way of working for the project team (meeting schedule, documentation, and reporting, ...).
- You monitor progress with respect to the approved plan (e.g., keep track of key deliverables, critical lot progress, create and track resource dashboards).
- You capture and examine issues/risks and estimate the impact. When needed you escalate to higher management.
- You explore and identify value creation opportunities in work methods and business processes in collaboration with the various stakeholders in the different units.
- You lead or participate in projects that drive operational effectiveness.
- You work on implementing and improving our overall project methodology.
What we do for you
you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in technology
at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and
expertise, you will become part of a team that makes the impossible
possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the
society of tomorrow. We are
proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample
possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to
supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with
tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively
invest in your development to further expand your technical and personal
growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution makes
imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore
appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a master’s degree, preferably in science or engineering. We value your extensive track record in project and change management, and project delivery. You have a background in common project management methodologies, processes, and techniques that you apply in a pragmatic way.
- Your experience in system-level R&D projects will be useful.
- You are a problem-solver with a strong focus on efficiency.
- You enjoy building strong internal and external relationships, have a customer focus and are result-oriented.
- You can bring your own point of view in a convincing way and you have strong presentation skills.
- You can communicate at different levels within the organization.
- You appreciate new challenges, have eye for detail and you have a high level of discretion when handling confidential information.
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is required.