R&D Project leader on Perovskite Solar Module technology
What you will do
In the emerging field of perovskite-based photovoltaics we have acquired in just a few years’ time a well renowned position with world record module performance. To consolidate this position, both better understanding of device operation mechanisms as well as upscaled processing is required. As R&D project leader, your main responsibilities will be:
- You take the responsibility of our R&D on perovskite-based solar modules, in the newly installed imec-facilities on the Thor Park Energyville campus, Genk. These facilities allow processing and characterization of perovskite-based small area (~1cm²) solar cells, large area (30x30 cm²) modules and wafer-based tandem solar cells.
- We have a highly skilled and diverse team of PhD students, process engineers and scientists working on these topics. You will coordinate their activities to realize the deliverables in our ongoing collaborations with other research institutes (in EnergyVille and Solliance) and our industrial partners.
- You will motivate, encourage, facilitate, and support the team members in achieving the R&D objectives.
- You define new research project proposals on perovskite solar module technology, according to the imec energy strategy jointly developed within the group. As a technical lead person, you manage the execution of approved projects by coordinating the activities within the team and by reporting to the partners and customers.
What we do for you
We offer you a permanent position at our new state-of-the-art energy research facilities located on the Thor Park EnergyVille campus in Genk, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes an important contribution to a future fueled by clean and sustainable energy. Together with our partners in EnergyVille, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in electrical engineering or semiconductor physics, with a background in photovoltaic materials or devices.
- You have a track record in thin-film photovoltaic modules, on processing or characterization, and have experience with perovskites for photovoltaic applications.
- You have strong analytical skills, and you enjoy a (high) level of autonomy in your work.
- You have a sense of urgency and are willing to take initiative.
- You can easily integrate in a multidisciplinary team within global context.
- You have a high level of responsibility, are well-organized and take pride in your work.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication and reporting skills; experience in project management is a plus.