R&D Project Leader 3D & Silicon Photonics
What you will do
- Your mission will be to define and follow up on customer specific projects. You will generate proposals for projects from inception to delivery in agreement with customer request from the perspective of target timings, deliverables and costs.
- You will be the technical contact point between the customer, business development, design, integration, process development and the fab.
- You will generate the overall High-Level Plan and resource requirements. You will also report on progress both internally and externally. In doing this you will follow the recognized IMEC project intake processes building a clear case for whether to take the project past each key stage in the intake process.
- You are familiar with the key 3D and Si Photonics integrations schemes and are experienced in discussing technical issues with the engineering teams, whilst at the same time capable of representing the team towards senior management.
- You keep your level of scientific know-how up to date and benchmarks imec’s expertise and performance in your competence domain with the rest of the world.
- You regularly report to your team leader, program manager, program director or to the customers on progress and results as well as on new opportunities.
- You will be member of the 3DSIP Technology department where you will interact with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers as well as with industrial residents. Good communication and interaction within the 3D Technology department as well as with the CMOS technology department and Fab operations unit, is a major requirement for this job.
- You will represent Imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of competence.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD or master’s degree in physics or electrical engineering.
- You have more than 5 years’ experience in a semiconductor environment. A background in FBEOL or Silicon Photonics processing is an asset.
- Knowledge of optical test, electrical test and failure analysis is a significant asset.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences, seminars).
- You are an enthusiastic team player with project management capabilities. You are able to complete your tasks in time with minimal supervision.
- You have good English communication skills.
- You are willing to work in a highly competitive and multicultural environment.