R&D Manager Sensor Group
What you will do
are looking for an R&D Manager who will manage our Sensor Team with currently
13 experts on chemical and physical sensors. Together with your team you take
the lead in research, development, characterization and deployment of new
chemical and physical sensor technologies that are disruptive in size, power
consumption, selectivity and stability. These new sensors will realize the full
potential of IoT in areas like health, the process industry, -agri or in
environmental applications. Imec is a reference in terms of new technology platforms as well as in the
design of micro- and nano-scale disruptive sensors. The sensor team closely
collaborates with experts on data science, hardware and embedded software design
in Eindhoven, with our technology teams in Leuven and application partners at
the OnePlanet Research Center. Your main responsibilities as an R&D
Manager to be part of our interdisciplinary team are:
- Manage Researchers and Engineers with a background in (electro-)chemistry and physics. You do this with a strong technical expertise as a background, coupled with experiences in Project, People and/or Process Management.
- People Management: you bring the best out of individuals and teams.
- Based on your deep expertise in these areas, you manage and coach researchers and scientists, to achieve our ambitions and roadmap challenges.
- Take the lead in translating research roadmaps into actionable projects, in collaboration with the Principal Scientists, Program Managers as well as with the more junior team members.
- Implement and follow up on Operational Processes and Project Management methodology.
- Translate program needs into competences followed by new vacancies and initiate recruitment.
- Control the progress in projects via budget control, milestone planning and quality control in collaboration with the project leads.
- Set up and organize personalized learning and development plans.
- Manage the Resource Allocation Process and manage internal and external stakeholders in this process.
- Connect and align research activities with the core technology groups at our Leuven Headquarters.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of
technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This
is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an
impact on tomorrow’s society.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
By joining the R&D team in Eindhoven, you
will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with
our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on systems that combine local data
with info from the cloud and other sensor networks to create a holistic picture
of the world and enable an Intuitive IoT.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics, Materials Science, Chemistry, or a similar relevant technical education.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience of which at least 2-3 years in a Team Lead, People Management or Project Management position.
- You can coach, guide, manage and inspire a team with a mixed experience level and background.
- Together with the team you can build a vision in this field and execute accordingly.
- You have a passion for innovations, and you enjoy having project responsibilities as well.
- You have strong interpersonal skills which allow you and your team to be successful in an international high-tech environment.
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- Excellent communication skills in English, where Dutch language skills
are a big plus. You can translate your vision into tangible results.
Do you want to learn more about it, then you can
connect with Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine
at email@example.com. If you wish to apply, then please submit
your full resume and a cover letter.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.