R&D Manager – Sensing & Imaging
In this role you will lead an international and diverse team of researchers
in the domain of sensing and imaging technology, and systems. The team consists
of sensing specialists (from fields such as optics/spectroscopy, chemical,
photonics, etc.) who, together with researchers and engineers of other
OnePlanet teams, contribute to the development of innovative sensor solutions.
We are looking for a people manager with a strong background in the technology
What you will do
Your main tasks and responsibilities are;
- Leading and coaching a team of researchers active in our Health and Agriculture & Food programs.
- Taking care of the individual development of team members in growing their technical competencies aligned to the team needs and ensuring continuity of projects.
- Ensuring constructive cooperation within the team and with other teams.
- Drive on personalized learning and development plans.
- Contribute to technical roadmaps related to sensing & imaging technology and systems.
- Interact with the program and other project managers to capture priorities and translate these into activities and timelines.
- Contribute to the definition of new project proposals and work with program management and business developers to align customers’ needs with project execution.
- Secure and align required resources and competencies for projects.
- Monitor the interdependencies between projects; continuously assess critical paths; proactively anticipate risks and potential bottlenecks.
- Represent OnePlanet Research Center toward internal partners e.g. Radboud University, RadboudUMC, Wageningen University, imecNL and imecHQ, and external customers.
- Act as expertise lead and ambassador, for example on congresses.
- Translate program needs into competencies followed by new vacancies and initiate recruitment.
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of
technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This
is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an
impact on tomorrow’s society.
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary collaboration agreement
between Wageningen University & Research (WUR), Radboud University,
Radboudumc, and imec. Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers
you an attractive compensation and benefits package including a 100%
employer-paid pension plan and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL
offers a wide range of training possibilities.
At the same time, OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and
globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet
team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators, and
practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
We are looking for a highly motivated person with the following assets:
- Ph.D. degree related to optical sensing or imaging technology/systems field.
- 10+ years of professional experience in an international R&D environment of which several years in a team lead or project management position.
- Ability to coach, guide, and inspire a multidisciplinary team with various experience levels and backgrounds (e.g. optics/spectroscopy, chemical, photonics, etc.).
- Experience on the application level for sensing and imaging technology/systems for agriculture, food, health, environment, or other relevant sensor technologies.
- Inspire and drive scientific excellence, to become world-renowned experts in this field.
- Previous working experience in an R&D organization or group is preferred.
- Previous experience with integrated photonics is a plus.
- Result-driven, motivated to make things happen.
- A strong yet diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset, who can make decisions autonomously.
- You communicate effectively in English within an international and diverse team.
Does this position sound like an interesting next step in your career at imec? Don’t hesitate to submit your application by clicking on ‘APPLY NOW’.
Should you have more questions about the job and the recruitment process, you can contact Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead, Frank will be happy to assist you.