R&D Manager Imager Design
What you will do
Within the imagers area, we focus on the development of application-driven solutions for novel imager sensors. Our goal is to seek unique application solutions that leverage our expertise in both design and process technology. In this job, you will be the technical leader for imec’s imager design team. You will oversee a design team for imagers, including analog and digital designers and test engineers. You and your team will work closely with pixel development and process integration teams.
As R&D Manager Imager Design you will:
- Provide technical management to the imager design (including analog and digital designers), imager measurement and characterization team.
- Manage resource allocation of team members across multiple design projects. Follow up technical progress and ensure that key deliverables are met.
- Work closely with other technical managers including key people in pixel development and process integration to review new project proposals. This includes evaluation of technical solutions, risks, and resource requirements.
- Interface with key customers when needed and work closely with imec technical and business teams to ensure that customer requirements are being addressed.
- Report to management on overall status of running activities and provide action plans to address issues or to respond to changes in strategy.
- Provide mentorship to technical team and promote development of technical and non-technical skills.
- Quickly adapt to new business requirements and/or opportunities.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to
join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its
headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise,
you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we
shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal
working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show
responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only
with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate
university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical
and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable
contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment
are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many
Who you are
You have an MSc or PhD degree in engineering, physics, or other relevant discipline with at least 10 years of experience in imager design and development. Industry experience, including product development experience, is a plus. Your proven track record in defining, planning, and executing complex imager projects involving multi-disciplinary teams and milestones is key. As is your experience in managing people towards successful project execution and career growth. Your strong reasoning skills help you to evaluate technical risks and drive decision-making. You have managed budgets and resources according to project needs. You have excellent communication skills for reporting externally towards customers and internally towards management. You are a team player with a personal drive to motivate teams towards technical and business objectives. Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.