R&D FAB - Automation Lead
What you will do
- You are responsible for driving projects that transform and improve the digital backbone of the Fab.
- These projects include the implementation of a new MES, upgraded equipment automation and recipe management, fault detection and classification (FDC), automated material handling (AMHS) and data organization and governance. In the future, this could also include items like Digital Twin, link to Machine Learning, etc.
- These projects aim at improving our Operational Efficiency, while allowing the necessary flexibility inherent to an R&D organization, thus achieving an optimal overall Learning Speed, which is one of our major KPI’s.
- You guide and connect the Fab Engineering team (as owners of the equipment), ICT (as architects and implementers of new SW and servers) and the R&D teams (as internal customers and users) to analyze needs, list requirements, prioritize requests and challenge solution proposals.
- To that end, you frequently interact with these 3 parties, representing the Business towards the supporting ICT unit
- You manage a small team of data and reporting experts and MES configurators, and are therefore responsible for achieving maximal impact on our operations, through both long-term and short-term improvement of our data sets, reports and MES configurations. You coach your team members, prioritize their work and help them be successful.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master’s degree in engineering (e.g. in Computer Science, Electronics or Nanotechnology), or equal by experience.
- You have prior experience in the operational unit of a semiconductor Fab, understanding the dynamics of semiconductor processing.
- You have a strong knowledge of semiconductor equipment automation, MES, data management and governance.
- You have experience with leading complex technical projects with an extensive ICT contribution.
People management experience is an asset.
- You have strong technical communication skills. You are an active listener, able to understand the needs of your internal stakeholders.
- You have a pro-active approach and initiate actions when needed. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive right into the action.
- You can work autonomously, take initiative and are capable to plan and organize your own work.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential.