R&D Engineer - Wireless Systems
Imec Netherlands has established a world-leading track record on the
design of novel sensors for human health applications and ultra-low-power IoT
devices in general. For instance, our teams continue to develop innovations in accurate
localization, environmental monitoring, wearable and medical devices, and many
other fields. At our HQ in Leuven, Belgium we are world-renowned for pioneering
new process technologies in collaboration with industrial foundries and with
the broader semiconductor ecosystem. Imec’s research tracks enable unique
opportunities for end-to-end innovations.
In this role, you will work on the development of signal
processing algorithms for IoT systems, like radio and radar. with an impact on
the choice of architectures and their implementation. You will deliver high-quality
engineering results within the Wireless Sensing program.
What you will do
We need you as R&D
Engineer Wireless Systems to be part of our multidisciplinary team to:
- Take end-to-end responsibility of wireless (sub-)systems - architecture development, specification, design, evaluation, and demonstration - for wireless communication, localization, or radar sensing.
- Conduct system-level analysis and define the top-level architecture for radio systems and define specifications building blocks.
- Develop (novel) algorithms and solutions for wireless signal processing, including synchronization, compensation of non-idealities, calibration, and error correction.
- Collaborate with various disciplines for successful system design, i.e. System Experts, AI researchers, analog and digital IC designers, hardware, and software developers.
- Guide evaluation of systems in lab or realistic environment; and design demonstration platforms.
- Interact with external partners as a technical interface for existing and new collaborations.
- Translate innovative insights into patent applications and high impact publications.
- Contribute to the vision and technical roadmaps for the evolution of wireless systems over the next years.
What we do for you
By joining imec in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive
innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will
work on systems that combine local data with info from the cloud and other
sensor networks to create a holistic picture of the world and enable an
Intuitive IoT. We drive the Internet of Things by developing innovative
solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks to connect billions of
devices. Imec is a reference in the design of ultra-low-power electronics,
low-power algorithms to increase intelligence and data security, and in all
aspects of data science.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer-paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
training possibilities. For international candidates, we provide support in the
Who you are
- MSc or Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of professional experience after MSc or 3+ years after Ph.D.
- Solid understanding of generic signal processing and communications theory.
- Knowledgeable in the state-of-the-art in (ULP) wireless communication, localization, radar architectures.
- Expert in system modelling and signal processing with a drive for innovation.
- Experience in version management system, test frameworks,
regression testing (must).
- Expert in radio/radar transceiver system modelling in Python and/or MATLAB (must).
- Knowledgeable in guiding the implementation of system models on FPGA, or system-on-a-chip (SoC).
- Affinity with working in and steering multi-disciplinary projects, including analog/digital IC designers and embedded Hardware/Software engineers.
- Possess excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art machine-learning techniques is a big plus.
Are you interested in
this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk
to Perine Doreleijers, Talent Acquisition Specialist. You can reach Perine via +31(0)6-48861256.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.