R&D Engineer Litho Tracks (Master or PhD)
What you will do
You will be a member of the Track team, part of the Advanced Patterning department in imec Leuven, Belgium. This team is responsible for litho track process development, which mainly involves complex chemical processes.
In this job you will:
- You will be the tool owner and process responsible for lithography and polymer processing tracks that play a key role in imec’s advanced patterning and 3D integration programs. This means you are the “go-to” person for our customers and colleagues when they have questions about the Litho Track tool:
- You guide operators and process assistants to support the tool, train and qualify users and safeguard the quality of the processing.
- You work effectively with material and equipment suppliers to identify issues and propose track process modifications to meet needs and goals.
- You optimize track process conditions to improve lithography performance. You develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and in-house tools.
- You will own and drive Joint Development Projects (JDP’s) with the track equipment and material suppliers to support the R&D program needs. You introduce new innovative ideas to our industrial partners, to even give them a higher-level service and deepen our partnership with them.
- You will identify potential intellectual properties (IP) opportunities, file disclosures, give presentations at conferences, and write the articles for scientific and technical journals.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We are looking for new colleague with a PhD or master’s in organic chemistry, chemical engineering, or materials’ science.
- Some experience in nano-scale patterning and semiconductor process engineering is required, however eagerness and ability to learn new things, are equally important.
- We need a new team member who can and likes to combine tool ownership and hands-on work in our cleanroom with leading development projects for our customers.
- Our team welcomes helpful and collaborative team players who can work in a systematic way, document research results properly and like to coordinate projects.
- A critical and analytical mindset is key in this position.
- Also, it is crucial that our new teammate takes initiatives and proposes innovative ideas to our customers.
- Willingness to travel internationally, if necessary, to support job responsibilities, is needed.
- Good presentation and (English) communication skills are key.