R&D Engineer Electrodeposition
What you will do
Electroplating has been the technology of choice in forming metal interconnects in integrated circuits. Key issues for future interconnect technology and 3D processing are void-free metal fill of trenches and vias as well as the formation of redistribution layers, microbumps and metal pillars. The aim of this position is to strengthen the R&D activities in electroplating for advanced nano-interconnects and 3D-stacked IC technology.
You are member of the ASD, CMP and Electroplating group at imec, where we help build devices for imec’s Logic, Memory, Interconnect, Life Sciences... program activities. You work in a team of about 25 people (five of them working on electroplating) with whom you interact daily.
As an Electroplating R&D engineer, you contribute to the R&D activities on the deposition of metals and metal alloys, physico-chemical and electrical characterization, and validation of the obtained results with state-of-the-art equipment.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Design, conduct and analyzing experiments.
- Perform a range of post-plating characterization techniques and report on the results.
- Actively contribute to technology transfers, research programs and joint development programs with external partners
- Interface with integration engineers, researchers and customers
- Coordinate and implement non-standard development work in IMEC’s fab organization together with fab process engineers and the pilot line.
- Report about your work to internal and external partners and customers
- Take in questions and requests from customers, and actively follow up.
- Collect information from your peers, summarize and transfer to the customer.
- You will be coached on-the-job by the plating technical team leader.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Ph.D degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering, or equivalent by experience.
- Proven experience in the field of electroplating is an asset.
- You will require a strong capability to work independently with a focus on quality.
- You will actively participate in cross-functional teams, utilizing scientific and engineering skills to enhance the team’s capability.
- You have good communication skills since you will work with a multicultural mix of imec researchers, partners and customers. Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.
- You are a team player with good networking skills. You also possess good reporting skills.
- Since your job consists of a variety of activities, depending on the interactions with imec’s research programs and customers, a flexible attitude towards your tasks is required.