R&D Engineer Advanced Patterning for Memory Applications
What you will do
- You will be the technical contact point between customers, and imec process development, design, integration, and the fab teams.
- You are familiar with the key semiconductor processing flows specially patterning for memory applications and are experienced in discussing technical issues with the engineering teams, whilst at the same time capable of representing the team towards senior management.
- You regularly report on progress both internally to your team leader, program manager, program director and externally to the customers.
- You will be a member of the Advanced patterning department where you will interact with imec scientific directors and R&D managers as well as with industrial residents.
- You will represent imec in contacts with third parties and representatives for semiconductor players from around the globe for matters that relate to your field of competence. e.g., imec partner technical week, customer reviews and international conferences, and workshops.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD in electrical engineering. Nano technology or Physics, or master’s degree with several years’ experiences in semiconductor related topics
- You have more than 2 years’ experience in semiconductor device concepts and integration process.
- Knowledge of advanced lithography and materials for memory patterning approaches is a significant asset.
- Knowledge of e-beam metrology, defect inspection and data analysis would be highly considered.
- You have a proven track record in leading complex, multi-disciplinary R&D projects, e.g., joint development with imec customers and imec internal exploratory programs.
- You have demonstrated solid communication skills to work in the multi-cultural environment of imec and network well with your stakeholders and customers.
- You are passionate about R&D and new technologies with strong self-initiative and self-learning capabilities.
- You have experience in publishing scientific results (Journal publications, conferences, seminars).
- You have excellent analytical and problem structuring skills and the ability to go into detail if the situation requires you to do so.
- Apart from the quantitative skills, we look for a person that is highly empathetic and can generate and effectively communicate fact-based insights with a wide range of stakeholders,
- You are an enthusiastic team player who can influence, engage, and motivate others.