QA Engineer (temporary assignment)
As a high-tech research centre that is partially, publicly funded, imec carries a responsibility to ensure global as well as local impact. imec’s EDiT (Enabling Digital Transformations) department plays a prominent role in realising local impact by conducting demand-driven R&D, in collaboration with authorities, other imec divisions, (academic) research institutes, companies, and citizens’ organisations. Our mission is to focus on the most complex challenges (‘wicked problems’) in 3 key domains: Mobility & Logistics, Sustainable Environment and Health. We are guided by an “Open for Impact” vision, which puts an emphasis on sharing all that we learn as open knowledge, open source, and open data. Read more about our activities on https://www.imec.be/nl.
We offer the consultant the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology. With the talent, passion and expertise, the selected candidate will become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
You are responsible for the verification of our Data Space Solutions according to given requirements. As part of our development team you work closely together with our developers and the external partners, assuring the quality of the joint software deliverables by internal testing, and by joint testing in a field environment.
What will you do:
- Designing a QA Verification and validation Plan and implementing it.
- Creating (automated) and execution validation test suites covering the technical requirements.
- Reporting and analysis of possible issues with the R&D team, providing proposals for solutions.
- Advising on releasing solutions according to the quality standards.
Required knowledge and skills
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering equivalent or an equivalent combination of training and experience. 2 - 3 years’ experience in software verification.
Team player with expert knowledge of software verification and validation processes in an agile software development context.
- Min 3 years of proven professional experience in software verification;
- Quickly learn new technologies (paradigms, languages, frameworks, libraries, patterns, …);
- Research-minded attitude & an interest in innovation with societal relevance;
- Being a good communicator is essential for carrying out the assignment.
- Experience with relational & document-based databases (PostgreSQL, Mongo, etc.);
- Experience with Big Data technologies, e.g. the Apache stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hudi, etc.);
- Experience with software testing (unit, functional, integration, regression, UAT, performance, test automation);
- Experience with R&D operational quality aspects.
- English (prof. proficiency)
- Docker/Kubernetes micro-services;
- Event store and/or graph databases;
- Validation of HTTP protocol
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset (Confluence, Jira, …)
Is nice to tick a few of these boxes:
- Open data and semantic web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, JSON-LD or LDES;
- Semantic interoperability, data catalogs, or privacy-assisting technology such as MyData.org or Solid;
- CI/CD, DevOps & IaaS technologies (Azure DevOps/Pipelines, Helm, Terraform, etc.);
- MS Azure, or similar cloud ecosystem;
- HTML/CSS and (Web) front-end frameworks is a plus;
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design methodology (incl. UML);
- Scala, Python, Java, Kotlin, Golang, or Rust;
Duration of the assignment and work regime
- Minimum 3 to 6 months, extendable
- Minimum 80% is preferred, or fulltime
Desired start date
- imec (Leuven / Ghent / Antwerp)
- We encourage flexible working both from our imec sites as remote working, according to team agreements. It will however be necessary to attend physical meetings from time to time which can vary from location (Ghent, Leuven, Antwerp, Brussels, ...)
*For this temporary position, you can apply as a candidate or as an independent consultant. As a candidate, you are willing to work through a temporary employment agency. Consultant agencies that wish to present a candidate should contact Flexforce.
*Voor deze tijdelijke positie kan je solliciteren als kandidaat of als zelfstandige consultant. Als kandidaat ben je bereid te werken via een uitzendkantoor. Kantoren die een kandidaat wensen voor te stellen dienen contact op te nemen met Flexforce.