Public Funding & Grants Expert
What you will do
You will strengthen our business development team for artificial intelligence and wireless communication as a public funded projects expert:
- You will interface with researchers to identify their needs, the project proposal scope and the appropriate funding channels.
- You will interface with funding agencies and attend their events to identify new and updated calls for proposals.
- You will assist in writing project proposals, for regional and European subsidies.
- You will be responsible for following up on project progress.
- You will assist in the operational pipeline and connect the right stakeholders within the organization.
- You will support the implementation of the IDLab research valorization strategy.
- You will support the research valorization directors in their activities.
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
Who you are
- You have a Master or PhD degree, preferably in Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- You have strong social/communication skills.
- You have proven experience in writing national and/or international project proposals and/or supporting researchers to acquire funding.
- You have a strong affinity with research and innovation.
- You are able to match research with the appropriate funding channels.
- You take ownership of your work.
- You are a pro-active problem solver and team player but are able to work without supervision when required.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-changing environment.
- You are a fast and eager learner.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
- You have experience in applying for projects in the Horizon Europe funding framework.
- You have a general background in business development or were involved in a client-facing role.
- Having experience with contracting or intellectual property management is considered an advantage.