Project Manager for real time video holography
What you will do
The Sense and Actuate program is exploring, developing and optimizing advanced optical beam forming strategies in wavelength ranging from THz through NIR and visible to UV. These systems result in ultra large arrays of nano-photonic antennas used to steer, focus or in general shape light for various applications. In the case of video holography projection in the visible, billions of antennas must be addressed in phase and/or in amplitude at 100-200 Hz within sub-wavelength pitches.
The goal of this development is to demonstrate novel drive architectures and overall optical but also electro-thermal systems for these light projection devices enabling addressing these large sets of antennas in a power-efficient and time-efficient manner. The extremely challenging specifications on optical quality and rendition will be of paramount importance as well as the focus on manufacturability of the novel developed technologies. These challenges are pursued in the context of venture definition and supported by external investors.
Within this context, imec is looking for a Project manager for next generation truly holographic 3D video projection, working on monolithic integrated video hologram generation.
You will be responsible for:
- The management, direction and execution of a multi-year activity developing hardware and software for light field projection including timeline, budget, IP and risk management.
- The work organization of contributors to system analysis, driving electronics design/procurement/test, unit cell electro-thermo-optical design/characterization, integration process development, algorithmics.
- Reporting both internally and externally on the progress booked
- Keeping up-to-date on all recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature, interacting with your colleagues. Also, you will have access to the other imec development work in the field of memory and optical beam forming.
What we do for you
We will train you at the start of your job. We teach you how to work with the advanced systems and equipment available at imec.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of an interdisciplinary team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
You have experience managing technology development with an affinity for process integration and design of micro-optical systems
- You are a people manager with motivational skills and drive for results that can manage the uncertainties linked to the novelty of the project you will lead.
- You have a PhD or several years of experience in Physics, Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or imaging.
- We value experience with:
- Process integration
- ASIC design, FPGA programming, 3D imaging
- Research in plasmonics and meta-surfaces
- Analytic methods for complex optics system simulations
- We think it is important that you can work in a structured, transparent, and accurate way.
- We appreciate your constructive way of working in a team and sharing of experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence, and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.