Project Leader in Ultrasounds
What you will do
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators using MEMS technology. The team is working on the design and characterization of the devices itself as well as the full system analysis until the creation of demos. In this job you will work on these novel technologies and systems. You will collaborate closely with the biomedical, process technology, and ASIC teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
In this role, your main responsibilities will be:
- You will autonomously lead several projects in ultrasounds across multiple teams including design, characterization, processing and application teams.
- You will be in direct contact with the client; being responsible for all customer communication
- You will define new project proposals and timeline starting from the first contact to the contract signature, ensuring close alignment with the technical teams
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will guide and mentor the different project contributors towards successful delivery of the projects.
- You will be responsible for internal as well as external project reporting. You will identify, track, manage and communicate risks and issues with stakeholders and management
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience in MEMS and project lead.
- You have proven experience in
- Project lead of complex projects
- MEMS systems
- Ultrasound design, modeling, and characterization
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to strict project schedules
- You take initiative and can work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.