STCO R&D Program Manager
What you will do
The STCO (System Technology Co-Optimization) program addresses the enablement of future technologies for system scaling as well as explores how new architectures can be realized by leveraging the benefits from technology capabilities. As STCO R&D Program Manager you will be responsible for the technical and operational management of the STCO R&D Program. Defining and enabling future logic technologies and systems requires a holistic multi-disciplinary approach. The STCO program is a cross-functional program, which connects between Logic, Nano-Interconnect, Memory, 3D Integration technologies and Reliability. It should leverage the DTCO (Design Technology Co-optimization) research program infrastructure and bring it to the broader perspective of Systems. STCO is articulated around system scaling walls.
In this role you will:
- Be working in the imec Logic Technology Enablement (LTE) department as member of the Cohesive Program Management (COPM) team
- contribute to the strategy of the STCO program;
- together with the STCO program director transform a strategic plan into a roadmap and an operational plan with clear milestones and success criteria for the next 12 months and guarantee the quality of the program;
- work closely with external partners and multi-functional teams across imec to enable scientific and technological research for core program partners
- organize the reporting of the deliverables to the program partners through program meetings, bilateral interactions with the partners and during the bi-annual program technical week;
- steer the activities of the imec research groups (DTCO research groups as well as the system architecture group) towards the need of the STCO program;
- enlarge and systemize the knowledge base in science and technology as well as understand the limitations of technology and find possibly disruptive solutions to overcome the limitations of System scaling;
- report to the industrial partners and translate their specification and vision to the internal organization, building and maintaining a strong relation with the partners;
- systematically capture, report and drive actions based on partners’ feedback
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have the required technical expertise to the level that you can independently represent the STCO program internally and externally and collect and translate specifications into new technical proposals. You are a team worker and you recognize that reality requires to consolidate different views. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value our team can bring.
- To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Are passionate about innovation in semiconductor technologies;
- Have a technical background in circuit and/or system designs and some knowledge about semiconductor device physics and manufacturing;
- Obtained a Master or a PhD in a relevant field of, Electrical Engineering or Computer science; PhD is preferred;
- Have at least 5 years relevant industrial or advanced research experience in the ICT industry;
- Have experience in project management and/or proposal writing. This includes collection of information, logical ordering of ideas and milestones. Building execution plans, PowerPoints and written technical annexes;
- Have proven presentation and relation skills towards customers;
- Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing your program;
- Like taking initiative, you are persuasive and assertive while keeping a constructive attitude;
- Have excellent communication skills in English that you will use to interface with internal and external customers;
- Enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural team.