Program Manager Design IP
Imec.IC-link helps start-ups, SMEs and established OEMs as well as universities realize their ideas in silicon by providing low-cost prototyping, volume production and system integration of electronic assemblies.
Our world class industrial service experts in nanotechnology offer tailored support across the entire IC value chain, from imagination to mass production, and collaborate with leading partners in the semiconductor ecosystem. Our highly experienced ASIC development team realizes over 600 successful tape-outs per year across all our supported technologies (CMOS, GaN-on-SOI, Si and SiN photonics).
Imec.IC-link is based in Leuven, Belgium and is a TSMC value chain aggregator for Europe, North America, Brazil and India.
What you will do
- You will be contributing to the strategy of imec.IC-link by developing new business models to the benefit of both the demand- and the supply side of the semiconductor ecosystem. You will report directly to the Strategic Development Director of the unit.
- As a Program Manager Design IP Exchange, you will be responsible for setting up a Design IP Exchange system (including ASICs and Si-Photonics IP), where mainly academic customers (and related startups) can easily exchange their design IP between each other. The latter will be done in close collaboration with the other partners in the EUROPRACTICE initiative.
- You will be responsible to build partnerships between design tool vendors, design IP providers and our customer ecosystem. Your open communication, enthusiasm and drive will be key to create a strong network and reach your goals.
- You will be advocating imec.IC-link services towards European startups and academia through participation in the EUROPRACTICE program
- You will seek for constant improvements of both the quality and speed of our innovations and services. We will count on you to bring new ideas and help implementing them.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or equivalent by experience) in the area of microelectronics, electrical engineering, physics, applied physics, or a closely related discipline
- Experience with ASIC or Photonics design. Experience in the use of multiple of design flows/tools is an asset.
- Enthusiastic and “always improving” mentality
- Customer driven
- Excellent networker and communicator with good presentation skills, and ability to work with varied audiences.
- Strong analytic skills, flexible and result driven.
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset.
- Willingness to travel frequently (10 % of your time) mostly in Europe.