Product Manager Citcom.ai
What you will do
About the Project
Citcom.ai is a TEF testing and experimentation facility (TEF) for Ai and robotics in an Urban Mobility context, a number of living labs will be established in Cities throughout Europe for testing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating new and innovative mobility services using Ai and Machine learning scenario's.
Citcom.ai will have a dual purpose of carrying out experiments and providing consultancy services to stakeholders in the Mobility ecosystem from a business, legal, technology and societal perspective focusing on:
- real life environment: experimentation takes place in a real-life setting, on a scale of a city or living lab, with a real-time data environment with the relevant datasets
- connected that are needed for the experimentation
- stakeholders: authorities, corporate customers, SME, startups, research partners, IT partners, civil society, citizens and other stakeholders from the ecosystem
- co-creation: user centric definition of problems to solve and service design using innovation tools and Ai canvas methods
- Multi-method: in the co-funded experiments we foster multidisciplinary competences, skills, people, and infrastructure
The project has a 5-year duration, starting 01/01/2023.
- Your role is Product Manager of the TEF Central Node, consisting of Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxemburg and France.
- This role offers an exciting mix of activities focused on development, practical deployment, running, and involvement with advanced service development activities for innovative technology with an AI focus. We are looking for an experienced person to lead the product development of Ai technology test beds.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the current state of innovation, with hands-on experience with AI, living labs and innovation understanding of their benefits and evolution in the domain of mobility and logistics, as well as emerging technologies and processes such as the Regulatory Sandbox initiatives in AI.
- Define business strategy Belgian node / testbed including:
- Define business development and customer intake methodology
- Coordinate business development efforts
- Gather requirements from the private sector and the public sector in collaboration with stakeholder managers and domain experts: business case, scope definition, assess risks
- Define, design, evaluate and refine the AI service offering through prototyping in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team of analysts and service design specialists
- Assessment of benefits, societal and economical that the TEF will focus on in the participating cities.
- Draft a plan for the economic sustainability of CitCom.ai beyond the end of the project.
- Deliver the business strategy & requirements to the technical teams (led by the solution architect) to:
- Compile a reference architecture applicable to the different use cases to ensure interoperability and to integrate with data spaces using open standards
- Allow AI solutions to access edge compute resources
- Gather the standards relevant to the thematic datasets and identify new data models for making them interoperable
- Align with best practices in data governance
- Define an approach to handle the CitCom.ai customer needs in terms of analytics and simulation support.
- Define the interaction and integration of CitCom.ai solutions with Local Digital Twins through a Local Digital Twin architecture
- Focus on the interoperability aspects of the models (back box), supporting simulations built on predictions and including trust aspects.
- Contribute to project management and general operational tasks
- Set up of project governance structure
- Define and set-up of the operational processes
- Internal & external communications
- Financial management
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Senior experience in product management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of needs of future users, customers, and stakeholders of the AI testbed
- Ability to consolidate business and technical requirements
- Entrepreneurial spirit and proven track of starting from scratch on product development and customer onboarding with a strong sense of business development
- Excellent listening, networking and commercial skills
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills, public speaking, facilitation and presentation skills
- Knowledge and expertise in developing digital mobility and logistics solutions (including domain expertise and knowledge of related data sources, data models and AI algorithms)
- Including experience working within the mobility, logistics, urban planning, architecture, built environment, cities/local authorities, digital technology or related domains
- Knowledge of leading technology principles in data spaces, digital twins and AI
- Knowledge and expertise in developing AI products and services
- Knowledge of current challenges in scaling innovation initiatives and new governance models
- Knowledge of planning required to deploy technologies in public spaces
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory frameworks in an urban context
- Being able to deal with uncertainty
- Expertise in working with EU consortia (nice to have)