Process Integration Engineer GaN Power Electronics
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltages and lower on-resistance compared to silicon (Si) technology. GaN power devices are a breakthrough technology, revolutionizing the power electronics landscape; and the GaN process technology have an exciting roadmap for next generation GaN power devices. Imec has developed and continues to improve 100V, 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility.
To strengthen our the GaN Process Integration team (GANPI), we are looking for a process integration engineer. In this function, you will improve existing process flows for a variety of GaN power device types, develop and implement novel fabrication techniques on 200 mm wafer level GaN fabrication platforms. You will be responsible for process integration, process module development, process flow definition and implementation. Technology qualification, developments, and transfers of the technology to imec’s customers will require your involvement. You will be working closely with design and characterization teams for all of these activities.
Your tasks include:
- Realize and characterize new process ideas/concepts.
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional GaN power devices.
- Coordinate process unit and process module development
- Design statistical experiments and analyze in line / end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions.
- Interpret electrical characterization and reliability data, in collaboration with the device team.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to the customers.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones.
- Communicate and interact effectively with the team and the other groups within imec, eg. unit-process step specialist, material metrology teams and fab operations
- As you build up your competences and skills, we expect you to take up responsibilities as a project leader in one of our funded or bilateral projects, as a growth path for your career.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s with min 5 years of process integration experience or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or a related technical field
- You have experience in semiconductor process technology and process flow integration in R&D context; hands-on fabrication experience is an asset.
- You have a good understanding of / experience in semiconductor process technologies; experience in GaN power field is an asset.
- You show excellent communication and reporting skills as you will be required to interface with internal and external customers
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- You show proven problem solving skills and have a pro- active attitude
- You show a hands- on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You show perseverance and assertive communication skills, while keeping a constructive attitude
- You have good organizational skills and show flexibility to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential