Process Integration Engineers – Compute and Memory Integration CMIN
What you will do
- You will be working in the CMIN (Compute and Memory Technology Integration) team, contributing to and/or leading projects to either the R&D programs or to bilateral (Research on Demand) projects.
- You will come into a diverse, international, and highly skilled team who will support you in your journey at imec.
- You will be responsible for contributing and/or coordinating the implementation of new ideas/concepts/flows on wafers in imec’s advanced 300mm FAB.
- You will define and discuss process splits with the Process Step Development Engineers, implement the splits into the process flow, and take care of the cycle time follow up during processing in the imec pilot line.
- You will have to understand impact of process variables on device performance by evaluating in-line and electrical data and guide the development work with these interactions in mind.
- You will improve current maskset specifications, defining design rules, and check them structurally and electrically
- You will report your results internally to Program Managers, Program Director and within multi-functional meetings, and externally to customers
- You will initiate and interpret electrical and reliability measurements to characterize your process.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining stable baseline flows and ramping yield.
- Communication and interaction with the other groups within the STS department, as well as customers, is a major requirement for this job
- You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you through the integration engineer training program and support you during your first months in the role
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You can be considered for a junior or senior level roles depending on your background and experience.
- You have obtained a MSc or PhD degree (Electrical, Computer, Chemical, Material Science, or related areas).
- For the more senior level positions, experience in semiconductor industry is required.
- You like looking at data, drawing conclusions and propose relevant follow up actions.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- You actively look for solutions to problems and are driven by delivering results on time.
- You are an excellent team player, and you can work pro-actively and without constant supervision.
- You take initiative, you are collaborative and keep constructive attitude.
- You willingly mentor and coach junior engineering staff.
- Good communication and interaction with the other groups within the department, as well as with other departments and Fab Operations, is a major requirement for this job.
- Experience in semiconductor process, device development, design-to-chip and/or process integration is an asset
- Experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences or seminars) is an asset
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.