What you will do
IMEC CMORE Technologies department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. The basis of our CMORE fab is an advanced 0.13µm CMOS platform that runs a 24/7 operation. To do this, we have added platforms for processing of various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-, MEMS and NEMS, photonics, and microfluidics chips. We are able to tune our technology to the demands of the customer and develop the technology flow for both prototypes and low-volume production.
In this job, you will be working in IMEC’s Life science Process integration Group (LSPI) as a process engineer. You will be supporting the development and characterization for new silicon technologies in the life science and health area.
The LSPI Group uses industry standard semiconductor wafer fabrication equipment to prototype innovative devices based on various technologies modules covering applications areas from implantable to genomics and diagnostics:
- SiN and Si photonic
- Ufluidic on Si and glass
- Electrical Sensors based on standard Si technology but enabled by special metal materials
Your primary responsibilities will be:
- You will pro-actively follow up process and module development under the supervision of more experience integration engineers
- You will support device, process and module optimization
- You will support any type of in line metrology and process characterization
- You will team up with integration engineers to execute the project plan with ownership on modules and specific process development activities
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree in chemistry, physics or electrical engineering.
- Experience in semiconductor process technology and wafer fabrication is an asset but young graduates are also encouraged to apply.
- You can work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- You are able to take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team acting as an effective team player.
- You have good communication, computer- and organizational skills.
- You are comfortable handling and analyzing data.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.