Process Assistant Microfluidics
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technologies department is developing electronics on glass and flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow’s flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a process assistant to support our microfluidic developments. He/she will develop process steps as well as integration of process steps into full microfluidic stacks. For this interesting task, we are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with experience in cleanroom processing, such as photolithographic patterning, chemical etch and thin film deposition.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Start-up of processing experiments under the supervision of the responsible project manager or scientist.
- Deposition of thin films from solution and vacuum, using in particular tools like spin-coating, chemical vapor deposition and atomic-layer deposition.
- Photolithographic patterning of the deposited layers
- Bonding of different layers
- Physical characterization of the deposited layers and realized devices
- Regular reporting in a consistent and rigorous way.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a bachelor’s degree with experience or a master degree in chemistry, nano-technology or equivalent.
- You like working within a team and can schedule your work according to deadlines and deliverables.
- You are creative and like thinking with the engineers to solve problems.
- Experience with processing in a high-tech laboratory environment, such as a semiconductor-industry fab, is a plus.
- You take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- You are flexible to accept new tasks in the future, and to evolve together with the changing R&D demands of our high-tech environment
The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.