Principal Performance Architect
What you will do
The Compute System Architecture Unit (CSA) at imec is researching next-generation large-scale heterogeneous computer architectures for next-generation Artificial Intelligence (AI). The team is responsible for algorithm research, runtime management innovations, performance modeling, architecture simulation and prototyping for these future applications and the future systems to execute them, in order to reach multiple orders of magnitude better performance, energy-efficiency, and total-cost-of-ownership.
We are looking for a Principal Performance Architect to technically drive performance analysis and performance modeling across multiple layers, from algorithm definition to microarchitecture implementation. You work closely with experts from those different fields to build the evaluation infrastructure required to evaluate the impact of codesign innovations. This position plays a key role in our ambition to shape the future of supercomputer architecture.
- Develop performance models that combine software and hardware properties at various level of detail, analyze results and develop optimization algorithms to explore the large design space and to improve runtime scheduling.
- Develop performance analysis tools and frameworks that capture the relevant application characteristics at either design time, compile time or runtime to feed into the performance models
- Connect research from algorithms, resource management, firmware, system architecture, and microarchitecture to evaluate the benefit of proposed solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university',
we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Engineering or related relevant STEM degree, with extensive relevant experience.
- Experience with performance analysis of machine learning or HPC applications.
- Experience in analytical performance modeling or large-scale simulation.
- Familiarity with heterogeneous and parallel computer architectures.
- Familiarity with parallel algorithm design and runtime resource management.
- Strong programming ability, esp c++ and python.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are required along with the ability to work in a dynamic, distributed team. A history of mentoring junior engineers and interns is a huge plus.
- You are a constructive technical leader and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence, and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.