Principal Member of Technical Staff Thin Film Deposition
What you will do
For several decades, CMOS transistor performance has been boosted by scaling the device dimensions. This has led to more stringent requirements for all process steps involved to manufacture these devices. Today, progress is driven by the introduction of new materials and innovation in deposition technologies. Also, in advanced memory, new materials and processes are introduced. This is particularly evident in the field of emerging storage class memories, which is meant to bridge the gap between DRAM and NAND. You will be part of the Thin Films group that is responsible for the development, characterization, and optimization of metal and oxide deposition processes in imec’s 300mm pilot line. As technical lead, you will be responsible for the material and process development in your area. You will support and instruct more junior colleagues. You will work closely together with the other process and integration groups to enable the next generation semiconductor technologies for logic and memory applications. You will compare different material candidates and potential deposition processes as well as optimize them towards the targeted application. You will be involved in imec’s research programs, but also in bilateral R&D project or technology transfers where you will be project owner and you will be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, timelines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of the project. You will build up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies and do an early assessment of their potential towards future technology nodes. You will contribute to the strategy and roadmap of the group.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering.
- You are an experienced professional with a strong background in semiconductor technology related deposition technologies (10+ yrs), preferably in an industrial environment.
- You have an extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with (PE)ALD, PVD, and/or (PE)CVD.
- You can demonstrate project management experience and can drive a cross-functional team of people.
- A strong background in emerging materials (ferroelectrics, magnetics, chalcogenides, 2D, ...) is an asset.
- You can lead a team of highly technical engineers and researchers.
- You can take decisions and are a m/f of action.
- You have strong troubleshooting skills, practical experience with RCA and FMEA techniques is a plus.
- You have an analytical mind, use a logical and well-structured approach, but can also think outside the box.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and are able to present results in a clear and concise way.
- You can easily integrate in an international team of professionals and like to network.
- Good English communication skills are required.
- You have significant experience of developing and optimizing cleanroom processes. You are able to understand complex problems and apply specialist processing knowledge to solve them.