What you will do
Our Si Photonics Integration team is looking for an enthusiastic new colleague with a strong process integration background. The team is working in diverse areas in Si photonics, ranging from advanced exploratory topics (III/V integration on Si, QCSE devices), to strong platform based bilateral projects aiming at systems moving to low volume production. If you are interested in working as an integration engineer in one of the most renowned R&D institutes in the field of Si photonics, then you can be the candidate we are looking
- Your mission as an integration engineer will be to set up, develop and maintain the integration flows and platforms for the R&D program and bilateral customers.
- You will work together with the device design, characterization and process development engineers and will be responsible for defining and implementing the design of experiments for the module setup, device demonstration and optimization.
- You will be setting up and carrying out development plans. This includes defining the design of experiment, defining the in-line characterization strategy, following-up the processing in the imec pilot line, and analyzing and discussing the incoming data.
- You will be reporting the results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers and core partners, as well as the scientific community.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions to the state of the art.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD or master’s degree in engineering or science, or you have an equivalent industrial experience.
- Experience in semiconductor process and device development as an integration engineer is desired. Understanding how modules interact and how they can be simultaneously optimized to result in a yielding process flow is a plus. You like to set up DOE’s in cooperation with processing experts, and are capable of analyzing and correlating in-line, and end-of-the-line functional data.
- Experience in electro-optic devices would be an asset.
- You have good data gathering, data analysis and presentation skills. Having experience in automating such is a plus.
- You are an enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- You can plan, drive, and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality.
- You have excellent English communication skills and are willing to work in a multicultural environment.