What you will do
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our group focuses on integrated and flat optic systems by leveraging imec’s advanced manufacturing capabilities in technologies such as SiN, Si photonics and many more. We design and characterize PICs and optical systems to target various applications in diverse domains such as sensing for metrology or life sciences, beamforming for location, ranging or telecommunication, and flat optics for display and imaging.
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic researcher to join our team. The successful candidate will focus on design, modeling, and layout for integrated systems, and analysis of characterized results. He or she will align and collaborate with application, process, and characterization experts, while reporting to project and team managers.
- Design and modeling of integrated photonic systems
- Analysis and interpretation of characterized results
- Develop and propose photonic systems and concepts
- Align with process, characterization, and application experts
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have PHD or postdoc in integrated photonics or related it fields, and at least 2 years of industrial experience.
- You have strong technical background in:
- Integrated photonic component design and simulation, such as MMIs, AWGs, Grating Couplers, Edge couplers
- Modeling of integrated photonic systems
- Dispersion and wavelength dependent design (AWG, etc)
- Layout of photonic circuits
- Good knowledge of III/V material systems is a plus
- Knowledge of experimental setups and characterization
- You have good programming and scripting skills.
- You have worked with software such as Lumerical, Cadence, IPKISS, HFSS, Comsol, Zemax, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to the project schedules
- You take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory