What you will do
We are looking for a motivated and dynamic researcher to join our team. The group works on projects covering a wide range of topics such as optical beamformers, optical sensors, flat optics and more, leveraging imec’s advanced technologies to enable applications.
A good understanding and background in the design of integrated photonics components and systems is essential. You are innovative and a strong problem solver. As an impactful team member, good communication and reporting, as well as the ability to follow a planning and timeline will be important.
In this job, you will focus on design, modeling, and layout for integrated systems, as well as analysis of characterized results. You will report to project and team leads, but also align with process and characterization experts.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have PhD or postdoc in integrated photonics or related fields, and at least 2 years of industrial experience.
- You have strong technical background in:
- Integrated photonic component design and simulation, such as gratings, MMIs, directional couplers, edge couplers
- Modeling and design of integrated photonic systems, for example including source and detector noise
- Dispersion and wavelength dependent design (AWG, etc)
- Layout of photonic circuits.
- Good knowledge of III/V material systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of experimental setups and characterization
- You have good programming and scripting skills.
- You have worked with software such as Lumerical, Cadence, IPKISS, HFSS, Comsol, Zemax, Python, MATLAB, etc.
- You can work independently, as well as function effectively within a team.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills