What you will do
We are searching for a motivated optical researcher to form part of a team developing integrated, solid-state photonic systems. The successful candidate will work on integrated photonics, with a focus on photo-acoustic applications.
Your main tasks will be:
- Design and analyze photonic systems, using analytical design techniques as well as simulation tools.
- Produce integrated photonic designs, including making DOEs (design of experiments) and layout.
- Build and use advanced optical setups to characterize these devices with respect to optical performance.
- Form part of an integrated photonics team and collaborate on projects requiring optics.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in optic/photonic engineering or equivalent.
- At least one additional experience (postdoc or industrial) is preferred.
- A strong knowledge of photo-acoustic concepts and systems is recommended.
- You have experience in integrated photonics. Knowledge of multiplexing is a plus.
- A good understanding of general concepts in physics is required, especially in optics or electromagnetics.
- You are experienced in building and using optical setups.
- You can work independently, as well as function effectively within a team.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.