Optical Design Expert for Holographic Projection
What you will do
Levering imec ‘s advanced manufacturing capabilities such as extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography, advanced materials and many more, our group focuses on integrated and flat optic systems. The group designs and characterizes optical systems based on chip scale technology to target various applications in diverse domains such as sensing for metrology or life sciences, beamforming for location, ranging or telecommunication, and flat optics for display and imaging. As an Optical Design Expert for Holographic Projection, you will be part of an exciting project focusing on next generation holographic projection using chip scale technologies.
In this job, your main tasks will be:
- Model and simulate new photonic and opto-electronic concepts for light emission, and sensing across visible and infrared.
- Analyze and recommend topologies based on optical performance but also including other multi-physics modalities
- Make design of experiments, characterizations plans, and produce mask layouts
- Develop optical characterization setups and characterize key devices, analyze, and interpret the results.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- a PhD in engineering, optics, physics or equivalent, and 5 years of directly relevant experience in a research/industrial environment
- Experience with optical and photonic modeling and simulation approaches, and typical tools such as Lumerical FDTD
- Experience with photonic and opto-electronics devices and sub-systems, ideally both passive and active
- A good understanding of light coherence phenomena and principles of light projection
- Knowledge of spectral behavior, polarization behavior, scattering, propagation, properties of materials
- Experience with measurement techniques and characterization of performance of photonic and opto-electronic components
- The ability to work independently yet in close collaboration with experts from other technical fields
- Excellent reporting skills and can present technical results and choices clearly and concisely
- The ability to easily integrate into a cross-functional, culturally diverse, international team. Fluency in English is essential.