Microfluidics Modelling Specialist Life Science Technologies
What you will do
As a Microfluidics Modelling Specialist you:
- Design novel microfluidic devices for life sciences applications.
- Perform simulation, modeling and analytical evaluation of device performance using tools such as COMSOL, ANSYS, Matlab or other equivalent software packages
- Create simulation toolbox for challenging questions beyond the straightforward use of commercial tools.
- Work in multiple projects and manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules.
- Support and guide other team members in modelling tasks.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, applied physics or other equivalent discipline with strong experience in microfluidic device design. Industry experience is a plus.
- It is essential that you have strong analytical skills and can analyze microfluidic systems using both analytical and numerical methods.
- You are very experienced with numerical modeling for fluidics and know well ANSYS, COMSOL, or other equivalent tools.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.