Microfluidics designer for Life Science Technologies
What you will do
We are looking for an R&D engineer with a strong technical background in the field of microfluidics with solid knowledge and excellent analytical skills in microfluidic designs for life sciences application.
- Develop technical concepts for innovative microfluidic devices based on thorough understanding of project or customer requirements. The concept often requires considerations of multiple principles (fluidic, electrical, optical, chemical, etc).
- Evaluate and optimize the technical concepts with calculations, simulations or other appropriate approaches. Based on the evaluation results, perform design layout editing.
- Provide input for integration, system, assay and manufacturing teams and adapt designs based on the feedbacks and overall system constraints.
- Define the device testing schemes and interpret the measurement results.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules and possibly among multiple projects simultaneously.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of physicists, engineers and biologists
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in engineering (mechanical, electrical, electromechanical), physics or similar discipline.
- You have solid theoretical understanding of microfluidics principles such as fluidic dynamics, thermal transfer, nanofluidics.
- Solid knowledge in multiple microfluidics techniques is a strong plus, such as capillary fluidics, electrophoresis/dielectrophoresis, electrochemistry, thermal transfer.
- You have experience with design of microfluidics devices.
- You have strong skills in fluidic numerical modelling and simulation, such as COMSOL, ANSYS.
- You have experience in microfluidic design such as Klayout, Cadence.
- You have experience in performing multidisciplinary microfluidic measurements and have skills in data processing.
- Knowledge and experience on microfluidic device fabrication is a plus.
- You have experience working in a research or development environment with an interdisciplinary team
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.