MEMS Ultrasound Characterization Engineer (temporary assignment)
Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators using MEMS technology. The team is working on the design and characterization of the devices itself as well as the full system analysis until the creation of demos.
As R&D engineer you will work on these novel technologies and systems. You will collaborate closely with the biomedical, process technology, and ASIC teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
- You will be in charge of the characterization of new ultrasound transducer and ultrasound systems, electrically, mechanically and acoustically.
- You will build new ultrasound set-ups for imaging and power deliver in air and in water.
- You will participate the productization phase of these transducers (test/reliability) of the designed devices.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design activities.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- If needed, you will mentor Master internship students and PhD students.
Required knowledge and skills
- PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience
- in MEMS characterization (such as impedance, LDV, pressure measurements) as well as in imaging with ultrasound system (such as Verasonic).
- in building new ultrasound set-ups
- in characterization for productization (Asset)
- in ultrasound imaging (Asset)
- in project leading (Asset)
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
Duration of the assignment and work regime
Desired start date
- imec, Leuven (due to operational work in this assignment, working fully remote is not possible)