Within imec’s Sensor and Actuator Technology department, our team’s research activities focus on the development of novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators. As a designer of novel multi-physics transducers and systems, you will collaborate closely with the biomedical, process technology, and ASIC teams. This interaction will enable the natural, but challenging, evolution of the currently developed MEMS technologies and devices towards their application. Materials selection, technology parameter definition, modeling of novel physical phenomena as well as technological variability will be key for this successful transition.
What you will do
- You will create and implement novel MEMS designs in existing technologies and technologies under development. More specifically, the team is working on new ultrasound transducer fabricated in Silicon and in polymer technology, on novel optical sensor, and on MEMS sensors and actuators (such as gyroscope and accelerometer). Your job will be to take part of these activities as a MEMS designer.
- You will participate to the characterization of the designed devices.
- You will maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support the design activities.
- You will contribute to the development of novel modeling techniques for Multiphysic Systems.
- You will collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- You will contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
- You will contribute to internal conferences/workshops, generate patents and publish in international journals.
- You will mentor Master internship students and PhD students.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Physics, Mechanics or Electrical Engineering with several years of relevant experience.
- Experience in project leading is an asset.
- You have proven experience in multiphysic modeling, design techniques and design environment. Proficient in use of multiphysic design software such as Comsol, MEMS+ or Ansys.
- You have experience in writing code or routines using Matlab or Python.
- You possess skills in conceptual system design and system testing.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.