MEMS Characterization Engineer
What you will do
Within our team at the Sensor and Actuator Technologies department, we are working on new ultrasound transducers fabricated in both silicon and polymer technology, on novel optical, optomechanical and optoacoustical sensors, as well as on classic MEMS sensors and actuators, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, or micromirrors. As a MEMS characterization engineer, you will:
- Build new setups for MEMS characterization, perform measurements and process the acquired data.
- Support ongoing measurement standardization and automation efforts.
- Interact closely with the MEMS design and processing teams, as well as other characterization teams.
- Maintain a high standard of literature knowledge to support your activities.
- Write technical reports and communicate with the team and other project stakeholders.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You hold a PhD degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, with relevant experience in characterization (and design) of MEMS.
- Proven experience with multiphysics measurement methodologies and tools in the
- Electrical domain, e.g. signal generator, oscilloscope, lock-in amplifier, impedance analyzer, network analyzer, ...
- Optical domain, e.g. laser Doppler vibrometer, white light interferometer, digital holographic microscope, ...
- Acoustical domain, e.g. microphone, hydrophone, Verasonics system, ...
- Mechanical domain, e.g., nano-indenter, microforce prober, ...
- Proficient in MATLAB and Python, for data analysis as well as multi-tool measurement automation.
- General understanding of microfabrication techniques is an asset.
- Experience in (ultrasound) MEMS design (e.g. COMSOL, ANSYS, k-wave, Field-II,...) is an asset.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with competent communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
Apply online at www.imec.be/jobs.