R&D Design Engineer for DTCO and STCO in advanced technology nodes
What you will do
In this exiting job, you will:
- Use your circuit design and system-level integration skills to define the guidelines of the next generation technology solutions, supporting the imec semiconductor scaling roadmap.
- Be responsible for top-down design planning, specification development the integration of Analog-computing based Machine Learning accelerator, memory macro and digital logic at a block level.
- Implement Design-Technology Co-Optimization (DTCO) and System-Technology Co-Optimization (STCO) techniques for novel logic and memory device solutions pursued by imec research team.
- Interact with a team of top-notch talents in design and architecture for Machine Learning, next-generation memory and logic technology solutions.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree or equivalent R&D attitude, with experience in Memory Design and/or architecture.
- We also value your experience in Non Volatile Memories (NVM) design or product development.
- You have extensive knowledge on requirements for a Memory device, either from a circuital perspective or from a system and architecture aspects. If you are familiar with only one of the two aspects between Design and System Architecture, you are willing to learn the basics of the other.
- You have a good knowledge of synthesis and place and route tools to allow the evaluation of PPAC (power consumption, performance (speed), die area, and cost) post synthesis and post place and route.
- You have a background of digital implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different parts of SoC in different market spaces.
- You worked with spice tools and are knowledgeable in synthesis and place and route tools.
- You are comfortable in RTL level programming, integrating memory and logic blocks optimally for a targeted functional block.
- Hands on experience on design planning, CPU/GPU architecture and data path design.
- We hope you have the ambition to drive the future technology, you are not afraid of proposing innovative ideas, and are willing to work to their circuit and system-level validation.
- We are looking for a communicative team player, who is also able to work independently.
- We appreciate your flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, your fluent knowledge of English is necessary.