LiDAR Image Sensor Pixel and Mixed-Signal Designer
What you will do
Imec’s Sensors and Actuators Technology department is developing novel process technologies, devices, circuits and solutions to enable new applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for an image sensor designer with pixel array and mixed-signal design expertise for our LiDAR image sensor activities. The focus will be to design image sensor & read-out ICs for novel LiDAR technologies.
The mission of imec’s pixel and system design research group is to enable novel applications using transducers, sensors and actuators built with both silicon and thin film technology. The team is working on the design and characterization of the sensor and actuator arrays, its peripheral circuits as well as on system analysis.
We are looking for an experienced and proactive Pixel and Mixed-Signal Designer, with good knowledge of image sensors, from the imager pixel array over the integrated read-out circuits (both analog and digital) to the impact on the LiDAR application, who can define technical project plans, propose improvements, lead the design, tape-out and testing of proof-of-concept ICs and communicate to the project team and management. He/she quickly understands new concepts, has a mindset for growth and excels in project execution. Good communication skills are a must.
In this role, your responsibilities are:
- Design image sensors in the context of novel LiDAR technologies
- Layout, tape-out and testing of PoC pixel array and read-out ICs
- Identify bottlenecks in existing designs and propose improvements
- Take ownership of image sensor design work packages
- Report project status to project team and management
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a broad view and good technical understanding of image sensor technologies, systems and applications, especially LiDAR. You have experience in executing projects in multi-disciplinary, cross-functional and multi-stakeholders setting. You are a solid planner. You can handle ambiguity and are flexible to changes in the project scope and timing. You are passionate about innovation and motivated by deep and frequent contacts with others.
To qualify for this exciting position, you:
- have a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- have at least 5 years’ experience in pixel array and/or mixed-signal design
- have a strong background in image sensor technologies and systems
- have experience as a work package lead, handling all responsibilities of an IC tape-out
- have experience in project planning. You are organized and you can structure a complex work package
- have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal team members
- can work according to agreed timelines and manage time efficiently according to the project schedules
- demonstrate a clear sense of ownership, take initiative and work on your own, while being part of a team
- are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output
- are passionate about innovation and excellence
- enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams;
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills. Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.