Library IP Designer
What you will do
You will integrate a team of full-custom design engineers developing state-of-the-art solutions for radiation applications in cooperation with the European Space Agency and worldwide partners. Imec Design Against Radiation Effects (DARE) platforms provide design tools, services and library IP to enable the implementation of commercial ASICs for radiation environment applications in advanced technologies.
Your responsibilities are:
- Design full-custom digital circuits for standard cell and I/O libraries in advanced technologies.
- Generate library IP views and models for leading commercial EDA tools.
- Develop automated procedures for library IP package generation and verification.
- Take the lead in the library IP package validation, release and delivery.
- Interact with internal and external partners as primary support contact for DARE platforms.
- Write library IP documentation.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You have a:
- Master degree in Electronic Engineering with 4 or more years of relevant experience.
- Solid understanding of CMOS process technologies.
- Analog or digital full-custom design background.
- Experience with EDA tools in analog or digital IC design flows.
On top of this:
- Good scripting skills in shell (tcsh or bash), Perl or Python is a must.
- Experience with common EDA tools scripting languages (SKILL, Tcl...) is desirable.
- Knowledge on version control systems is required.
- Library characterization experience is a plus.
- Good writing skills in English language for IP documentation is required.
- Good communication towards customer support in English language is required.