Lead Software Engineer
What you will do
Introduction & context
Within imec’s Systems & Solutions, LifeSciences and Sense & Actuate departments, we focus on the development of novel technologies for industrial and medical systems, built on top of imec technology differentiators. Current projects vary from lens free holographic imaging, hyperspectral imaging and other computational imaging systems that are tuned to specific customer requirements. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in software, electronics, optics, and a drive to get things done. To support the growth of these activities, imec is opening a position of Software Engineer within our Integrated Imaging group, in the hyperspectral imaging team.
The hyperspectral imaging team is developing novel technology that drastically miniaturizes spectral imaging cameras. This opens a whole new range of applications that were previously assumed unachievable.
The team’s mission is to further mature and integrate this core technology and enable our customers to develop new applications on top, in fields ranging from medical to agriculture and space. This has already brought non-invasive methods for Alzheimer’s disease screening, in-field detection of crop diseases, multi-spectral satellite imaging from CubeSats and more.
Software plays a crucial role in the success of our team as it is instrumental in enabling our customers to apply our technology successfully and reliably. To reach this goal, our in-house developed software suite is very heterogenous, ranging from hardware interfaces to evaluation software, demonstrators, and APIs.
As lead software engineer in our team, you will significantly contribute to developing and shaping this landscape, driving our roadmap further with a positive impact on the world around us.
Your main responsibilities
- Collaborate with your stakeholders to understand, translate and prioritize feature requests
- Apply modern collaboration and co-development methods to guide the team during the development phase
- Spot improvement opportunities and implement in the day-to-day operations
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new features in our software
- Work with our hyperspectral camera systems to gain insights and feeling of the software quality and performance
- Provide training to the team and customers and collect feedback on software and systems
- Contribute to building demos and demo software to showcase our technology on worldwide events
- Collaborate with your colleagues to deliver the right quality software on time
More information’s on http://www.imechyperspectral.com
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- 10+ years of software engineering experience, of which 3+ in a SCRUM environment
- Strong background in C++ development on Windows
- Broad software development experience:
- C/C++, APIs, GUIs, Python, Android, Linux, Windows, embedded, CI/CD, Qt, boost, ...
- Capable of seeing software structure and putting the pieces together
- Well organised and good planner
- Making software to do useful things with hardware is an important driver for you
- Strong interest in the broader scope of your work, a generalist mindset
- Good communicator committed to delivering in line with business goals
Nice to haves
- Experience as SCRUM master
- Strong interest in and affinity with imaging, perhaps as a hobby photographer
- Experience with software for vision systems