Junior/Medior Business Developer
Research group IDLab Antwerp
The Internet & Data Lab (IDLab) is an imec research group at the University of Antwerp and Ghent University. IDLab focuses its research on internet technologies and data science. IDLab is a joint research initiative between Ghent University and the University of Antwerp. Bringing together 300 internet experts, we develop technologies outperforming current solutions for communication subsystems, high speed and low power networking, distributed computing and multimedia processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence and web semantics. Within Antwerp, the overall IDLab research areas are machine learning and wireless networking. IDLab has a unique research infrastructure used in numerous national and international collaborations.
IDLab collaborates with many universities and research centres worldwide and jointly develops advanced technologies with industry (R&D centers from international companies, Flanders’ top innovating large companies and SME’s, as well as numerous ambitious startups).
What you will do
- You will strengthen our business development team for artificial intelligence and wireless communication:
- You will interface with clients and researchers to identify their needs, the project scope or business case.
- You will be responsible for following up on client leads.
- You will assist in the operational pipeline and connect the right stakeholders within the organization.
- You will assist in writing project proposals, for regional and European subsidies.
- You will support the implementation of the IDLab research valorization strategy.
- You will support the research valorization directors in their activities.
Who you are
- You have a Master or PhD degree, preferably in Engineering, Business, or equivalent.
- You have strong social/communication skills.
- You have a strong affinity with data science, artificial intelligence, deep/machine learning, IoT, wireless communication or related research and innovation.
- You are able to match a technical offering with the client’s needs.
- You take ownership of your work.
- You are a pro-active problem solver and team player but are able to work independently when required.
- You are comfortable working in a fast-changing environment.
- You are a fast and eager learner.
- Your English is fluent, both speaking and writing.
- Technical experience in data science, artificial intelligence, deep/machine learning, IoT or wireless communication.
- You have a general background in business development or were active in a client-facing role.
- Having experience with the writing of national and/or international research projects is an advantage.
- Having experience with contracting or intellectual property management is an advantage.
If you are interested, please apply online https://jobs.idlab.uantwerpen.be/o/juniormedior-business-developer
Applications sent by e-mail will not be taken into consideration.