IP Business & Intelligence Specialist (Health/Diagnostics)
What you will do
As IP Business & Intelligence Specialist you will:
- Mainly be involved in health care/diagnostics related business cases.
- Provide an intellectual property model to support the contract negotiations from business & project development;
- Assist the legal officer in drafting IP ownership, licensing and other IP related clauses;
- Be the expert directly in contact with external clients in challenging IP negotiations;
- Capture available IP within the organization (from IP portfolio and litigation group) and inform about related contractual provisions;
- Create and update our intellectual property strategy, aligned with R&D and business strategy.
The expansion of the team will enable more focus on:
- Providing IP intelligence (overview available IP, constraints, external IP landscape, IP Business offering and alignment);
- Co-manage Freedom-to-Operate (infringement/validity) cases with IP portfolio and litigation group and risk mitigation;
- Conduct internal debriefing and audits for due diligence.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with a variety of challenges. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Imec supports and guides you in this process via a training program in line with your level of knowledge and experience, providing you a profound understanding of intellectual property rights.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master or PhD degree in Engineering or Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, ...), with some knowledge of semiconductor processing.
- Knowledge of intellectual property (protection) and licensing is a must.
- You can report, discuss and advice in a concise and focused manner, both orally and in writing;
- You are a diplomatic communicator with a solution-oriented mindset;
- You can cope with a high work pace, handle deadlines and plan your work efficiently;
- You are a team player, who likes abstract thinking and continuous learning attitude;
- You are a fast and autonomous decision taker;
- You can communicate fluently in English, both orally and in writing.