Information and Open Access Repository Officer
What you will do
- You team up with IMEC librarian to offer library support including e-books, e-journals and bibliographic databases offering, standards orders, hard-copies of books or interlibrary document delivery.
- You develop the institutional repository in collaboration with other IMEC teams (including ICT, HR, legal and technical teams) to make it more attractive and meet expectations (i.e. preservation and access).
- You promote internally the repository, the creation and use of ORCID ID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) and other tools to enable more visibility on IMEC research.
- You provide information and support on topics such as Open Access, metadata, copyright, etc.
- You follow trends and developments in library science and information management, which includes participation in workshops or external events and strengthening your network with other stakeholders. You translate these developments internally into IMEC policies.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have an education (minimum graduate level) as librarian or have been trained in library and repository work during your education.
- You have experience in scholarly publishing practices.
- You have an overview of the scientific publishing landscape, Open access policies, repositories.
- You are interested in Science and Engineering.
- You have excellent collaborative and communication skills.
- You can communicate fluently in English and preferably also in Dutch.
- Experience with copyright issues and open licenses, Digital object identifier (DOI), interoperability protocols, metadata standards.
- You have worked in an academic/scientific library.
- You have experience with institutional repositories.