Imaging Specialist for computational imaging systems
What you will do
Within imec’s Systems & Solutions, LifeSciences and Sense & Actuate departments, we focus on the development of novel technologies for industrial and medical systems, built on top of imec technology differentiators. Current projects vary from lens free holographic imaging, hyperspectral imaging and other computational imaging systems that are tuned to specific customer requirements. Such technologies require a multidisciplinary approach within a team that has expertise in software, electronics, assay development, optics, and a drive to get things done. To drive forward the development of next-generation computational imaging systems, we are looking for an imaging specialist with a strong background in computer vision and image processing techniques.
As an imaging specialist, you will be responsible for the software integration and analysis of images from various camera and microscope systems. Your main assignment will be:
- To develop and implement vision software to acquire images/videos from various computational imaging systems, analyse images and video and contribute to prototype development.
- To integrate the image processing pipeline in a modular way, building on algorithms developed by your colleagues and using available toolboxes.
- To optimize performance and throughput and use software engineering best practices.
- To port the image processing pipeline onto various platforms (windows/linux/laptop/mobile/cloud).
- To contribute to & lead image analysis and software development in the team.
- To maintain relevant software repositories and documentation.
- To develop computer vision skills to keep up to date with the latest research.
- To interact with customers, both internal and external, to understand requirements and deliver reports on progress
- To collaborate with colleagues in a multidisciplinary team to reach relevant milestones & deliverables
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree or PhD in electrical/software engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in computer vision and the development of image processing pipelines
- You are passionate about innovative software technologies combined with innovative hardware and system technologies.
- You have experience in computer vision, machine learning/artificial intelligence and conventional image processing techniques. You can determine the right tools for the job: from the hardware platform and programming language to the algorithms and libraries.
- You have good experience in Python/Matlab and can learn a new programming language rapidly.
- Experience with other image processing tools and libraries (e.g. OpenCV, PyQt, CUDA) is a plus
- You have hands on approach: must be able to tackle problems in a concise way
- You love to take on challenges and are driven to generate results
- You deeply care about customer satisfaction and quality of the delivered results.
- You are a team player and can update the team on progress off tasks, seek feedback and are an effective collaborator to your colleagues.
- You are fluent in English and have good communication skills.
Nice to haves
- experience with data science techniques in cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP etc) would be a plus.
- experience in software product development
- experience in holography, multi/hyperspectral data processing, fluorescence imaging
- experience with data acquisition software/firmware different camera/sensor interfaces (USB, PCIe, CSI, MIPI..etc)