GaN Power Electronics Device Engineer
What you will do
Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology offers faster switching power devices with higher breakdown voltages and lower on-resistance than silicon (Si). GaN power devices are a breakthrough technology, revolutionizing the power electronics landscape and have an exciting roadmap for next generation GaN power devices. Imec has developed 100V, 200V and 650V enhancement mode devices on 200mm GaN-on-Silicon wafers with state-of-the-art performance and reproducibility.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a device engineer to support the design of discrete GaN power devices. This encompasses the design, layout, PDK, and physical understanding of the test results in order to optimize the device design and the technology.
Your tasks include:
- CAD based design and layout of the power devices.
- Install, customize and test PDKs, support parasitic extraction, support IC tapeout methodology.
- Analyze test data and work together with the process integration engineer to optimize the process flow and layout for improved performance and reliability of the power devices.
- Understand the device physics, band diagram and comprehensive operation of the power device under static and dynamic operation, in order to guide the optimization process.
- As you build up your competences and skills, we expect you to take up responsibilities as a project leader in one of our funded or bilateral projects, as a growth path for your career.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to
join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its
headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise,
you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we
shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open,
multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to
take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding
you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions.
Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your
development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable
contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment
are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- You have experience with PDK development and validation.
- We are looking for your knowledge in electrical functioning of electronic components, preferably in the field of power electronics, and basic understanding of operation of power systems.
- Hands on experience in testing is a plus.
- You work in team with the process integration engineer and characterization team.
- You can meet deadlines and deliver customer requirements.
- Good knowledge of English is a must.