Future Studies & Foresight Expert at imec AI & Data
What you will do
As a senior member of the AI & Data innovation management team you will be responsible for creating and communicating scenarios of possible futures at the intersection of AI, data, and society in multiple domains, and aligning them with the strategic goals and technology roadmaps of imec and its stakeholders. These scenarios serve as a starting point to be translated in innovation roadmaps for different internal and external stakeholders.
Your day-to-day activities as a Scenario expert are:
- You will develop and manage the process and methodology for scenario ideation, scenario analysis and innovation roadmapping.
- You will apply your creativity, analytical skills, and domain knowledge to identify key drivers, uncertainties, and challenges that shape the future of AI and data in various domains, such as health, mobility, logistics, sustainable environments, and education.
- You will use qualitative and quantitative methods, such as interviews, surveys, workshops, and data analysis, to collect and synthesize insights from diverse sources and perspectives.
- You will collaborate with the imec AI & Data team and external stakeholders to formulate and communicate plausible and relevant scenarios for AI and data in specific application areas.
- You will translate your findings into engaging and inspiring narratives, visualizations, and presentations that communicate the implications and opportunities of different scenarios for the development and adoption of AI and data solutions.
- You will contribute to imec’s and AI & Data’s thought leadership and share relevant reports with policymakers
- You will collaborate with internal stakeholders: the imec AI & Data team, other imec groups, affiliated university groups and external societal stakeholders to align the scenarios with the strategic goals and technology roadmaps of imec and its stakeholders.
- You will communicate and report research findings in both Dutch and English
Imec AI & Data
Imec leverages its global technology leadership with good local citizenship in high impact projects in all regions where it has a presence. The imec AI & Data department plays a prominent role in realising local impact by conducting demand-driven R&D, in collaboration with authorities, other imec divisions, (academic) research institutes, companies, and citizens’ organisations. Our mission is to realize digital transformation by combining imec technology, data & artificial intelligence at the intersection of tech and non-tech.
To maintain sufficient connection with the changing society of (the day after) tomorrow, and to steer the innovation roadmaps from a clear picture of the future (and especially the challenges in that future), we are expanding AI & Data’s innovation management team with more attention to Futures studies and Foresight expertise.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master's degree or equivalent experience in a relevant field, such as business, engineering, social sciences, or design.
- You have experience in scenario planning, foresight, or futures studies, preferably in the context of AI and data.
- You have broad interest and curiosity in the trends, challenges, and opportunities that shape the future of AI and data in various domains and sectors.
- You have specific domain knowledge in at least one of the following verticals : health, mobility, logistics, sustainable environments or education.
- You have a creative and visual mindset, and you can use tools and techniques, such as sketching, prototyping, or data visualization, to illustrate and communicate your scenarios.
- You have excellent communication and storytelling skills, both verbally and in writing, and you can adapt your style and tone to different audiences and formats.
- You are a team player, and you can work effectively and collaboratively with diverse and multidisciplinary stakeholders, both internally and externally.
- You are proactive, flexible, and eager to learn and improve your skills and knowledge.
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, both spoken and written.
We will review the applications and contact selected candidates for an initial screening interview. If selected for the following round, you will also have an interview + case study and an HR interview.
For more information about imec AI & Data, please visit our website.