Funded Program Manager
(for the research domains CORE CMOS, Connectivity and Solutions)
What you will do
Imec's R&D programs are supported by funded projects with industrial players and research centers. The “Public R&D Policies and Programs” group is responsible for coordinating all funding activities at imec. This includes both front office activities such as ensuring imec's participation in strategically important projects up to the electronic submission of the projects, setting up the necessary cooperation agreements with the project partners and supporting ongoing projects. You follow the Flemish, national, European and international funding policy. Each funded manager also builds up imec-wide expertise. You are expected to specialize in funding in the area of core CMOS, connectivity and solutions.
- You are the interface of imec towards the various funding agencies at European, national and international level in the research domains core CMOS, Connectivity and Solutions.
- You participate in workshops, conferences and meetings with governmental stakeholders to make sure that imec’s research topics find their way in the work programs. You are responsible for following up the funded policy in the mentioned research areas.
- You initiate and follow up funded projects through the different steps of drafting project proposals, submission, evaluation procedures, negotiation and setting up cooperation agreements. After approval of the project, you provide the necessary support with regard to reporting and project follow-up.
- You become familiar with the research activities carried out at imec at a high level and you specialize in the research domains of Core CMOS, Connectivity and Solutions. As a funded project manager, you are responsible for ensuring funding for that domain.
- You build up a broad knowledge of the funding landscape (KDT, HEU, INTERREG, ERDF, ...) and you take responsibility for monitoring and actively contributing to these funding programs.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a master's degree in engineering or sciences, with 3 years of experience in project management.
- You would like to learn more about national and international funding policies and you enjoy networking.
- Preferably you already have a broad network of contacts, mainly related to funding programs and funding policy (VLAIO, European Commission,...).
- You preferably already have experience as a funded project manager.
- You are a team player, fluent in communication and can work independently.
- You can process a lot of information in a short time and you convince with arguments.
- You are result-driven and handle files in an efficient and organized manner.
- You are willing to travel within Europe.
- You speak fluent English. Knowledge of Dutch is seen as a plus.