Functional Analyst - R&D and project management
What you will do
Within each functional domain, Imec is currently executing a technology and process transformation spanning multiple years. The different ICT teams are responsible for the configuration, maintenance, continuous improvement and support of respective software solutions. In this role, you will be part of the “R&D and project execution” team within our ICT organization. This team supports the Imec R&D and delivery organization with different applications, soft- & hardware and their integrations.
More specifically, you will be a Functional Analyst for solutions (applications and reporting) which support project and portfolio management, resource management and specific R&D related processes.
- You will translate requirements into designs and functional solutions integrated in the overall ICT roadmap and aligned with business stakeholders. You will investigate existing solutions and business processes and make proposals for improvements.
- You will be given ample time to build-up knowledge about the semi-conductor and R&D eco-system. You will gain insights in order to co-create solutions with a true customer focused mindset.
- Most of the developments in our software applications are performed by external partners. You will follow up on their performance, coordinate their delivery and provide input when required.
- Furthermore, you will play an important role in the test cycles to assure high quality in delivery.
- You will manage together with the team the backlog related to the products in scope. You maintain an open and constructive relationship with business stakeholders to come to an agreed priority list.
- You will manage the functional interactions with other teams within ICT. The corporate service team (ERP), the lead-to-project team (CRM) and the data and integration team are important partners for you.
- You will play a crucial role in the definition, testing and setup of our project and portfolio platform of the future.
- You follow-up on functional evolution in the products assigned to the team.
- Your first focus will be project and portfolio management. Gradually the role will expand to other areas in the team.
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging role in which you have a concrete impact on large programs within imec. This is your opportunity to work in an advanced high-tech environment, contributing to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society. At imec, we offer ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a bachelor’s degree in ICT or a master’s degree in industrial engineering sciences.
- You preferably have already a first experience in working as a functional analyst. Experience in the project and portfolio management area is a plus.
- You are acquainted with software development/configuration and eager to learn more.
- You have experience in process designs and process thinking.
- You feel comfortable in a complex and demanding environment.
- You have no problem to follow the ICT governance processes and templates.
- You are a good communicator who enjoys collaborating with internal ICT and business colleagues as well as with external development resources.
- You constantly look for improvement and efficiency gain.
- You are fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Having a good knowledge on the Microsoft 365 ecosystem (Sharepoint – PowerBi – Dynamics 365) and/or SAP is considered as a plus.