Full-stack Developer - Health domain
As a high-tech research centre that is partially, publicly funded, imec carries a responsibility to ensure global as well as local impact. imec’s EDiT (Enabling Digital Transformations) department plays a prominent role in realising local impact by conducting demand-driven R&D, in collaboration with authorities, other imec divisions, (academic) research institutes, companies, and citizens’ organisations. Our mission is to focus on the most complex challenges (‘wicked problems’) in 3 key domains: Mobility & Logistics, Sustainable Environment and Health. We are guided by an “Open for Impact” vision, which puts an emphasis on sharing all that we learn as open knowledge, open source, and open data. Read more about our activities on https://www.imec.be/nl.
EDiT Health Cluster
You will join EDiT’s Health cluster, a multi-disciplinary team of domain experts, developers, architects, user researchers and project managers, collaborating on projects that aim to facilitate insights in how we can live longer, healthier, and more satisfying lives. As so many of our insights in this field will come from data in the coming years, we want to contribute to this bold future of Health and Healthcare by unlocking health data at scale and establishing a local Health Data Space. We will apply this in relevant application domains e.g., predicting atrial fibrillation supported via federated data analytics or combining multiple data sources to make informal caregivers of patients living with dementia more resilient. Our contributions will enable a wide range of healthcare stakeholders to create new Health insights.
Relevant articles that further illustrate the projects we want to contribute to:
- Will we soon be able to use data to prevent cancer and other diseases (De Tijd, article in Dutch)
- FAIR healthcare data, the key for tomorrow’s health care (imec, article in Dutch)
What you will do
As a senior developer you will play a prominent role in the creation of a framework, and applications on top of it, that enable ambitious studies that investigate the factors that impact our health & well-being. Together with our team you will build platforms that ingest both clinical and “real world” data (e.g. from wearables), feed it to models and visualise results, such that citizens, healthcare professionals and policy makers can make sense of it. You will apply your experience to coach junior colleagues in the latest best practices in development, testing and DevOps.
Your day-to-day activities are:
- You will design and implement software for the Health domain.
- You will design databases as well as implement of (REST) APIs.
- You will take on DevOps tasks to make sure our applications and services can be deployed and maintained with ease, both on premise as in the cloud.
- You will do front-end development. Integrate custom data visualization in front-end applications.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centres in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion, and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will define the society of tomorrow.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer (http://www.imec-int.com/en/careers#diversity) and proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. In everything we do, your future colleagues are guided by the imec values of passion, excellence, connectedness, and integrity. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process, not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a market appropriate salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
We are looking for a senior “full-stack” developer with experience in building advanced (Web) applications and complex data processing platforms. An interest in health & wellbeing is desirable, prior experience in the domain is welcome but not required.
- You have proven professional experience in software engineering.
- You are able to quickly learn new technologies (paradigms, languages, frameworks, libraries, patterns, …).
- You have a research-minded attitude & an interest for innovation with societal relevance.
- You are familiar with MS Azure or comparable cloud ecosystem, or other cloud services.
- You are familiar with Docker containers.
- You are familiar with React, or other modern (Web) front-end framework(s).
- You are a team player accustomed to Scrum or similar Agile process.
- You speak English (professional proficiency).